Certain people are great at empowering others by giving encouragement, confidence and mentorship. However, empowerment is the process of becoming stronger and more confident, especially in controlling one’s life and claiming one’s rights, which means each of us needs to empower ourselves and change from within. This means being kind to one’s self and understanding our worthiness.
So how is this done?
- First of all, don’t judge yourself. Don’t compare yourself to someone else and really love yourself.
- Truly know yourself by knowing your strengths and your skills. Appreciate yourself for those skills.
- Do something for yourself by continually learning. Take a new class or go to a workshop.
- Be aware of your words, both self-talk and to others. Words are very powerful.
- Learn to say “no”.
- Be positive and “Fake it until you make it”.
- Know what you want and dream big. Set those goals! Note that this was a topic of a previous newsletter. http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=12250b0bdcea5dedaec4a12b8&id=6c1d31ea13&e=4b22520c6a
- Take responsibility for yourself, your actions and thoughts. Don’t blame others.
- Acknowledge all your successes, no matter how small.
- Connect to your inner self.
- Empower others!