Fulfillment in life is related to how well you are living in alignment with what’s truly important to you. Do your decisions emerge from the essence of who you are—not from who you think you should be? Take this quiz to see how well you are living a life that is of your own making.
- I have spent time thinking about what’s important to me, and I can articulate those things.
- While I have been influenced by my parents, teachers, society and other outside forces, I have not simply adopted their values and beliefs. My own values and beliefs come from deep inside.
- I am not easily swayed by others’ opinions. I know my own mind.
- In order to remain open and flexible, I am willing to re-examine my opinions and beliefs to determine whether something is still true for me. I am interested in other points of view.
- My spouse/partner is a good match for me. We share in a way that pleases me and have an ideal amount of separate space. We don’t have to agree on everything.
- I chose my occupation, or choose to remain in it, because it most closely utilizes my skills, strengths and passions.
- I also choose my friends. I don’t go along with a friendship that doesn’t feel right just because that person pursued me.
- Any spirituality I practice feeds my soul.
- I have aspirations. I spend time thinking about them and taking action toward those that are most important to me.
- Anyone looking at my life from the outside would see what I value.
- When I or a family member is sick, I listen to the appropriate health care provider. If the advice doesn’t feel right, I get a second opinion.
- On the rare occasion when I let someone break a boundary or persuade me to do something I don’t want to do, as soon as I’m aware of it, I take steps to stop and correct the situation.
If you answered false more often than true, you may wish to clarify what is truly important to you and then find ways to bring your life into greater alignment with those values. Please don’t hesitate to call if you’d like support in doing this.
Understanding your own Essence is paramount to living your own life. Energy work is a great way to deepen that understanding of self. Not feeling balanced with all areas of your life? Which areas desire more growth so that you are living to your full potential? Living your own life means you are choosing what you wish and not just following along with what others want for you or from you. Value yourself. Ask questions and choose your possibilities. Only you can do so.
Author’s content used under license, © 2011 Claire Communications